Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Virginia Tech

I won't try to say anything profound about the Virginia Tech tragedy. It is yet another example of evil run rampant in our world. The question I hear over and over is, "Could this have been avoided?" I suppose it is a natural question to ask. For me the obvious answer is yes. It could have been avoided if Cho Seung-Hui would have chosen a different path...his mom and dad and been involved...if more people would have paid attention...if Adam had not bit into the apple. Unfortunately there are a lot of what ifs, but we are really only left with what is. And for that I pray for the families and friends of the victims. And I pray we would all open our eyes to people around us who are hurting and crying out for help.

On a similar note, it is ironic that Greg preached this sermon just last Sunday. Great and timely message on "Where is God when it hurts?"

Maranatha (come Lord Jesus, come).

No comments: