Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sunday message - specific plan for my life?

Just finished my message outline and thought I would post it here. If anyone has any thoughts on the subject, love to hear them. I am teaching on this question, "Does God have a specific plan for my life?" My basic answer is that he has a purpose, mission or calling. I use those words interchangeably. However, I don't see that he has every detail spelled out in exact specificity. He leaves room for my own will to interact with His will. With that in mind here's my outline:

If you could ask God one question…
“Do you h
ave a specific plan for my life?”

God has a purpose, mission or calling for each of our lives.

For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:10
  1. God’s calling is more of a compass than blueprint.
  1. God’s calling is general AND specific.
    1. God calls us to salvation.
    2. God calls us to live purely.
      God’s will is for you to be holy.

1 Thessalonians 4:3 (NLT)

    1. God calls us to specific works.
  1. God’s calling is discovered as we let Him work in us.

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Romans 12:1 (NLT)

4. God’s calling is more about what He can do than what we can do.

    1. God may call you to full time ministry.
    2. God may call you to minister where you are at.
    3. God may call you to use what you’ve got to minister.

No comments: