Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Turkey Crossing


I'm not a superstitious person, but I know about the whole bad omen thing when a black cat crosses your path. But what about if a black turkey crosses your path? Seriously, I was driving down Joliet and as I came over the railroad tracks, a turkey is standing in the middle of the road. I slammed on my brakes and stared in disbelief. I tried to whip out my phone to capture the moment forever, but alas he foiled my plan as he trotted off as if he owned the road. In a way, I guess he did because I certainly stopped and was frantically grabbing my phone to take a picture. (Photo is not actual turkey.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it was a turkey? Maybe it was a opossum with feathers? Did the turkey escape from the local Butterball prison?

Anonymous said...

by the way....what is that in the pic with you? A dancing hamster?

Doug Gamble said...

Yeah, it's my karate hamster. It used to sing "Everybody loves kung-fu fighting" and swing his numchucks but then it died.