Friday, April 20, 2007

First Impressions of First Impressions and other stuff

So I was at this seminar today on how to give guests a WOW impression on their first visit. The premise of course is that if you can give a great first impression then people will be open to hearing the message. The seminar was actually really helpful and I am excited to put some new things in place.

I am sure that most people are bored with talk of this but I really wrestle with the wordage. As I mentioned before assimilation is the wrong word. Today one guy mentioned his role as that of "integration." I like that better...but still not totally satisfied. I know the overarching role for me is helping people take steps to come back, to Jesus, with Suncrest and in growth.

On a related note, a Saudi Arabian man had his nose partly sliced off by his two wives when he suggested he get a third wife. :)

AND a preview from next week's The Office with Jim imitating Dwight. Awesome!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

speaking of integration....how do we integrate the saudi guy, the office and new names for assimilation?

Doug Gamble said...

It all works magically in the complex infrastructure of my mind.