Monday, June 23, 2008

N.T. Wright takes on Stephen Colbert

Last month I had the honor of teaching on Heaven at Suncrest. One of my favorite theologians (in general and in specific on Heaven) is N.T. Wright. Below is an interview on the Stephen Colbert show. Not the typical thing you would expect to see Wright on as The Colbert Report is a show on Comedy Central. What is so great about this clip though is Wright is so poised, whimsical and clear in the interview. He is everything I wish other Christians would be when they appear on radio or television. What happens to the contrary more times than not is that they make us appear boring, irrelevant or judgemental. Way to go N.T.!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Thanks for posting this video. I was pleasantly surprised to turn my tv on and find N.T. Wright on the Colbert show. Wright is an excellent and very intelligent writer and it's great to see him out there. I loved how he managed to get his points through will being clever, funny and playing Colbert's comedy game.... thanks again.

Anonymous said...

...*while being clever...