Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ethan's gonna Know Sweat


My son headed off with the Student Ministry for Know Sweat, a CIY sponsored mission trip. I love it that he gets this opportunity because mission trips are the most life changing thing anyone can do. Kid or adult, they can change your life. I've seen it with teens in youth ministry. I've seen it with adults. God does something unique when we get away and serve. Maybe I should say, we are open to God doing something unique when we get away.

It was hard for Sheila to let her "little boy" go, but we both know it will be a great trip for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See if he can bring me back, say, a five gallon bucket of Skyline chili? That'd be great.

Doug Gamble said...

Seriously. I'd love to have some myself. I will be happy if he comes back with half his clothes and tools that he took.