Monday, June 16, 2008

Filming in Chicago


Filmed some video for this week's message today. It was a great experience, even though I'm pretty uncomfortable on camera and can't quite make it into my "zone" when the camera is on. This is especially true when I'm on the street and people are passing by and staring.

We filmed outside of Harpo Studios because I am speaking on "What would Jesus say to Oprah Winfrey?" this coming Sunday. We fully expected to be chased off but was only asked what we were doing by security and then left alone. That is, until we ran into Joe who goes to Suncrest and works for Oprah! Great to see him in a different context other than church.

This video effort is a hybrid in concept of most of the videos we have done. This one more than others is intended to be a part of the message rather than stand alone from the message. In fact, I teach through the first point of my message on camera. (We did something similiar in the Catalyst series with Greg on video and me in person.) I wanted to try it this week as I have been really intrigued by others doing this. Lifechurch.tv has really made an artform out of live with video teaching. We'll see how it goes this Sunday.

Thanks to Kevin for doing all the hard work of videoing and editing.

No comments: