Saturday, July 28, 2007

In memory of Jolee Mohr

I just returned from officiating a funeral for a friend. Due to complications with gene therapy, she passed away this past Tuesday. Here and here are some articles about the controversial cause of her death. By far this was the hardest funeral I have ever done. And yet it truly was a celebration of life. Jolee was a bright spot on the earth and she will be missed. Please pray for her husband Robb and her daughter Toree.

Despite the circumstances it was great seeing some old friends from Taylorville, IL, especially the ones who let us crash at their place. They have been life support along the way. Their daughter, Kelsey, graduated from High School this past year. Hard to believe that when I first went to Taylorville she was in 3rd grade. Man, time flies. While in the youth group she was such a great leader and used the activities she was in as opportunities for witness, instead of just fun. God is going to do great things through her. Can't wait to see it.

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

Hey Doug, thanks for the kind words. You know, that's just the way I roll!:) We LOVED having you guys crash at our place. After you left this morning I was like, "Man, it is so quiet around here...:(" It was really sad! Also, that is funny that you wrote that in your blog about it being bad circumstances, but good to be able to visit. That is exactly what I thought today. Earlier in the week when I first found out, I literally prayed, "God, how could this happen? I know all things work together for good, but what good can come from this?" While I was initially praying with the good of the Robb and Toree in mind, it turns out that God used the circumstances for good in my own life as well. That wasn't what I expected, but of course, sometimes it's hodd fo Telsey. haha. I was soooo happy to get to babysit (sorry for not having the girls in bed when you got back!)and getting to spend some quality time with your family. That was definitely a blessing! So, anyway, how is this for a comment?

Doug Gamble said...

That was an awesome comment! Guess I can't complain anymore that I don't get any nor that they lack substance. Ha! Ahhh the kids loved having you all to their own as I am sure you picked up since they kept asking us to leave. Hope the Muny goes well!

Anonymous said...

Dougy:

Lara & I extend our love to you and Sheila on the loss of your dear friend.

I was also conducting a funeral this past Saturday. I realized a few minutes into the graveside service that I was in the midst of a "Doug" moment. You rubbed off on me in many ways.

More on that later ...

Kelsey said...

Yeah...that's just the way I roll. My comments just ooze with substance. Hah!

Doug Gamble said...

Dano! I have got to hear about this doug moment. Hopefully it didn't include douglish. It's my language..either a word I make up or something that resembles a word but is really the jumbling of words because i am talking so fast.

Kels! Hope you just roll with a great production of Oklahoma. Even though I am not a fan of the musical, I kinda like the state.

Ray said...

Doug, Robb could sure use a call from you. He's been riding a lot of down moments and I'm sure hearing from you would do him some good. If you have any questions email me.
Thanks Ray