Monday, July 23, 2007

Day in Boston


Wanted to post quickly about my time in Boston. I got to sit in on the partnership team meeting for Reunion Christian Church. It was awesome to see how God is opening up doors to opportunities to reach people for Christ. Most people in the middle of the country take for granted the availability of churches that help others connect with Christ in a real way. Reunion is one of the few that is doing anything significant about reaching people in Boston. I'm proud that Suncrest is supporting them. It is so expensive to do ministry in Boston. It costs them $1000/week alone just to rent space to hold their worship service. An expensive but vital outreach. The lives I heard about being touched are reason enough.

In answer to a comment question from a previous post, I wanted to say how cool it is to collaborate with these guys on a few message series. Suncrest along with a 8 or 9 other churches are working together on several upcoming message series. The one we are in right now happens to be one of them. Basically how this works is that in the planning of these messages 8 weeks out we bring to the table our best stuff on the Scripture or theme. The beauty of this process is that instead of getting the best illustrations, teaching points or stories of 1 person you get at least 8. All that to say I got to pick the brain of Hank, lead pastor of Reunion on their message this last Sunday which happens to be the topic for Suncrest this Sunday. Basically, I asked him to give me what he absolutely would keep if you preached it again and what you would throw out. I probably shouldn't post about this because now someone might expect a really, really good message. Yikes.

1 comment:

Lynn B said...

Don't we always get a really good message? :+)