Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Ministries that get it

I have been blessed to connect with a few ministries that really get it. Get what you say? Get what it means to be Jesus in the world. One of those ministries is Mission Indy. This is a great ministry that is doing so much good for God. The good they are doing for Inner City Indy and those who participate in their weeks is unmeasurable. Essentially what they do is bring in Jr. High and Sr. High students from around the nation to spend a week working hard in the inner city and worshiping God. The other side of the ministry is that they have become a connector to the ministries in Indy. In an area where a lot of churches have abandoned the Urban environment for the comfort of the Suburbs, several churches and ministries are sticking it out and doing their best at reaching people. Mission Indy has been a catalyst for great things even starting an Urban Institute for mission minded leaders to learn about ministry in the urban environment.

I'm headed down there the next two days to connect with the director and my friend Michael to glean from the director how he built this ministry.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Aww...sweet! Tell Ron and Marsha and Shannon hello for me. I miss them all. Hopefully, I can be an intern next year! Man, it seems like I have been thinking about that for ages and now, suddenly, the time has come!:)

Doug Gamble said...

I hope you do too. That would be invaluable experience.