Monday, November 26, 2007

A Thanksgiving to remember

In light of the message at Suncrest yesterday (complaining) I don't want to complain, but Thanksgiving was one we will remember for a long time. In the middle of the night before Thanksgiving 4 of the Gambles got horribly sick. I'm talking coming out both ends. It was not pretty in that little Oklahoma hotel room. We got up that morning and decided we didn't want to infect Sheila's family or my family so we headed home. We made it two hours to Joplin, MO and I decided I couldn't do it any longer. So we got a room and celebrated Thanksgiving in bed. On the bright side I was able to catch up on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Hanna Montana episodes that was playing in the background as I drifted in and out of consciousness.

On the other side of that viral episode I did recognize:
1) I really should have left a tip for the person who cleaned our hotel room;
2)Nothing feels as good as feeling good.

The week wasn't a total bust though. Because we got home early we were able to get our tree up and watch Elf to officially kick off the Gamble Christmas season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think 75 degrees and hanging out at the beach...ahhh! It was a Thanksgiving to remember!
ps.we watched home alone and christmas with kranks...not my first choice but worth it.

kay

Doug Gamble said...

seriously...do you think I really needed to hear that? :)

Anonymous said...

Man, that is brutal. It is amazing how good you can feel after enduring a bout like that!