Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Home ownership

I know our story is among many with the recent heavy rainfall, but last night when I got home around 8:45, I worked until after 11 cleaning up and temporarily fixing a problem in our basement. I'm not a plumber but it has something to do with the drain of our washer. I'm guessing some previous owners didn't fix it exactly right. Whatever it is the washer drained onto our basement floor. This after a separate problem of water in the basement on Monday.

Anyway, as I was sloshing around in water I was reminded of how much fun home ownership is NOT sometimes. I was also reminded of how I HATE not knowing how to fix something. I can't begin to describe the feeling of staring at a problem and not knowing what in the world I need to do about it. So I try a couple things...they don't work...and then I try again...and they still don't work.

Oh well, time to get some professional help. That's what they are there for right? Still don't like it that I don't know how to fix it.

2 comments:

Mike Moseng said...

Thanks, Bible College!

Trix said...

I feel your pain, sometimes I wish I was still renting