Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Things that make me smile, laugh or otherwise thankful I was alive to hear


In no particular order:

  • Not having to say "venti coffee of the day with room for cream please" because they have it ready for me by the time I get to the counter I my regular spot...Starbucks in the Radisson, Merrillville.
  • Live performance from Dustin Kensrue, lead singer of Thrice on Relevant Magazine's podcast. He takes a decidedly different direction on his solo album Please Come Home. Think heavy influence of Johnny Cash. Dustin, a Christian, has always let his faith shine through his music without sacrificing art.
  • Watching my kids sleep.
  • And this quote from a Lead Pastor who will remain nameless:
"She holds this distinction in my life as the only girlfriend I have ever had who 's spent significant time in prison. How about that for ya?"

Ahhh...yes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if they have the coffee ready for you then you are drinking too much coffee my friend...or more than likely knowing you...all the women who work at Starbuck's just remember your manly face so well

Doug Gamble said...

Oh, there's no question I am drinking too much coffee and do you think I have gotten so far in life on skills alone? c'mon.

Kay Roberts said...

one question: are you smoking what you're selling, my friend?!...

Doug Gamble said...

Yes, but I never inhale...