Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Suncrest is a teenager

It didn't occur to me yesterday when I posted about Suncrest turning 13 but that does make us a teenager. That is one age I don't want to return to if given the choice. What a tumultuous time! There are some good things about being a teenager though...
...it feels like your whole life is before you...
...you can do anything you want with our life...
...you are in a state of rapid change...
...you adapt to new things easily and quickly.

Fortunately for us, being a teenager as a church does not necessarily make it tumultuous for us but there are many good things for us too.
-We haven't done everything God wants us to do. There are many great things ahead.
-We are changing...and that's a good thing! Constantly adapting methods to deliver the changeless message.
-I think we still relatively easily adapt and change to new things. Our recent service time change proved that to me. In the last 2 years we have introduced podcasting, 2 of us on staff have started blogs, we are creating our own videos more and more, and we have produced a total church experience (Puzzled?). Technology is a great tool to spread God's message and we are adopting it well.

While I wouldn't want to go back to my teenage years I'm so glad Suncrest is in them and look forward to what God is going to do with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suncrest is a teenager? Is your church sleeping in, smoking behind the school, popping zits and being overly dramatic? Not that I know anything about teenagers or anything.

Doug Gamble said...

Well there are those things but we don't like to talk about them.