Monday, June 25, 2007

Chasing Lions


So I read In a pit with a lion on a snowy day, but that doesn't matter unless I do something with it. Inspired by the book and it's author I am in the process of creating one of those infamous lists of things to do before you die. I have never had a list like this, but think that it would be so valuable as I am very goal oriented. If I am not working towards something then I go into a sort of atrophy.

Right now I am creating a 101 things I want to do before I die. It will be a mixture of ministry related items and just plain fun things. A mixture of challenging and not so hard to accomplish. I will have to adjust my life to do some of them and others I will simply need to just drive there. All will be sorted through a lens of prayer.

Here's a sampling of what I have so far:
  • Visit every continent
  • Run the Boston Marathon, which leads to another goal
  • Run a marathon under 3:15 (technically my qualifying time right now is 3:10, but next year when I am a year older it will be 3:15. Yes, another 5 minutes)
  • Preach in another country through a translator
  • Write a book
  • Baptize all my kids (I already have Ethan, so only 3 to go)
I will post the list when I am through with it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doug-

I made one of these lists in high school and came up with 37...probably worth doing again.

Thanks for the comment on my blog and your insight int he email. I’ve kept my traffic low on purpose as I try out this blogging thing and think about whether I’ll stick with it. You’ll be happy to know that since you and tim barbee linked my blog, I now have about 20 times as much traffic…which means about 40 people :-).

I'll "go public" soon.

Doug Gamble said...

Your blog is going to get it's own post here soon.

Anonymous said...

Doug,

one of my goals is to write a book.

do you have any ideas...or do you just want to write a book some day?

tim