Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Leadership by relationships

Found this great article over at Lifehack.org, a productivity blog.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/management/how-to-lead-people-for-results.html

Great perspective that is strangely familiar to Jesus' style of leadership. This is refreshing to read because I have read many things about leadership and witnessed many leaders that do not lead in this way. They choose to lead as a boss only. It is more natural to lead through relationships for me than to try and be only the "boss." It certainly takes time. And it does take a lot of effort. But with the teams I have led in this way it is a whole lot funner!

I'm speaking mostly of volunteer teams, so the boss analogy may not be the best comparison in those situations. Perhaps it is a lead through relationship versus lead through title. I'm the leader of this ministry and I love you so let's do this together versus I'm the leader so do what I say.

No comments: