Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sunday


I can't tell you how glad I did NOT run the Chicago Marathon today. It had to have been miserable for the some 35,000 participants. They even cut it short. When I watched a little of the live coverage it did make me miss the experience. 2008 maybe???

There was a photo finish for the men and a surprise for the women's finalists. You can watch both here. The women's finish reminds me to never "count your eggs until they've hatched...or something like that." Adriena Pirtea of Romania thought the women's victory was her's as she jogged down the final stretch. Not looking back, she did not realize that Berhane Adere of Ethiopia was sprinting the last 600 meters. She managed to catch up to Pirtea and cross the finish line before Pirtea even realized what was happening. What a finish.

I did get to visit Faith church's 2nd site. They launched a second site in Cedar Lake last month. It was a great service. They are doing a fantastic job of reaching people for Christ!

I also got to slip down into our Student Life Worship that went to 2 services today. I gotta say...they know how to rock down there!!!

Good day.

5 comments:

Trix said...

I was glad to not be running also, but it was fun to watch the race and see what the front of the race looks like. I got home and watched the finishes, both were quite astounishing.

Kelsey said...

That is crazy about those finishes! A bunch of my friends here had relatives running in the race. They were there cheering! :) So, I totally meant to do this yesterday, but I got busy and forgot. Happy 4th Birthday, Grace!!!!!!!!! Holy cow, I can't believe you guys have been gone that long. Craziness! I still remember when she was born like it was yesterday. Man, I am starting to sound old here. Uh oh. Anyway, hope it was a good one. Miss you guys!

Jef said...

Oh man! Faith's Cedar Lake site!! I forgot about that! I know a guy that's helping with the music out there! We'll have to trek out there sometime to check it out if you wanna go again! Coolsville, daddio. Coolsville.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you when I heard all this stuff in the news. I was wondering if you had planned on doing it again.

*Random sidenote* did you know that thrice has a new cd coming out? your a thrice fan right?

tim

Anonymous said...

i thought i saw you running on tv... you know the guy who passed out after the 2nd mile...